Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Part 10: The boy who haunts my dreams.

So where did I leave off? Oh my husband left me to go to the Caribbean by himself.
I stayed married to him, despite being crushed. We've been married 23 years now and things haven't been easy for us.
I think maybe we were too young when we got married. I came from an ultra strict family. I wasn't allowed to do anything. I think this pushed me into wanting to get married early, to get out from under my parents rules. I would have liked to have lived alone awhile and got to know myself before having to deal right away with someone else.
We struggled, we still struggle. But, I think all relationships do, but maybe ours more than others.
So, about three years had passed maybe longer years since I last saw James.
( I did send him a wedding invitation but not to be mean. Maybe, I was hoping he'd make an appearance before hand and change my mind.)
My son was about two when I came into contact with James. I had his telephone number still, from when he lived in town. So, I called it. I knew I wouldn't get James but I did get his mother.
I asked about James and how he was. She asked if I was married. And we talked a bit.
I had met James' mother one time before. This was during the summer not exactly sure when. She was nice, she invited me in and we talked a bit. James had been in town but had to leave because of being in the military. I had missed saying goodbye to him. But, his mother did know how much the two of us cared for each other.
Ok, back to my story. I called his mom and asked for his address to write him.
I wrote him a letter and sent it. (This was all before email and texting and cell phones.) He wrote me back and said he'd be in town during Christmas maybe we could meet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment