Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Part 9: The boy who haunts my dreams.

During the 3 years James and I didn't have contact with each other, I got married and had a baby.
Marriage was difficult. My husband is so stubborn.
I hated that he expected sex everyday. He would do it with me even when I didn't want to. He would force himself on me. It was devastating. I never expected this from someone who loved me.
Things didn't start off very well with my marriage anyway. My husband got the "opportunity of a life time", with the sports team he was on to go to the Caribbean and compete.
We rearranged our wedding date so it wouldn't interfere with his beloved sports schedule.
I thought a trip to the Caribbean would be awesome. I told my newly married husband that I wanted to go with him on this trip. It would be so nice to start our marriage off with such an experience. I took off a week from work. We had no debt, so I thought we would just charge my ticket and we would be set.
To my shock, I was not invited to this coed trip with his sports team.
I was devastated. My husband said that the coach wouldn't let him take his new bride on the trip I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was leaving me behind a month after we were married.
I think this one act of him leaving me behind, set our marriage on the wrong track. I was hurt beyond repair. I still am sensitive about this issue and its 23 years later. Writing about it, brings tears to my eyes.
I would have never left my love behind but he had no problem doing it to me.
But, my husband has always said that his sport comes before me. I should have left him that first month. Another date, that I would go back to and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment